Ministry Well Logo
Ministry Job Details - THE MINISTRY WELL

Ministry Job Details

NEW! - Post Your Resume

Pastor

Yadkin Baptist Church

Statesville, NC

www.yadkinbc.org

Full-Time Ministry Position
NC, Statesville - YADKIN BAPTIST CHURCH Image Shadow
{exp:ce_img:single src="{facebook_photo}" class="church_photo" width="385" crop="yes" alt="{title}"} {if facebook_photo != ""}Image Shadow{/if}
{exp:ce_img:single src="{facebook_photo}" class="church_photo" width="270" crop="yes" alt="{title}"} {if facebook_photo != ""}Image Shadow{/if}

DENOMINATION:

Southern Baptist

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Principle Function

The pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of the church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.


Specific List of Responsibilities:

  • Plan and conduct worship services in conjunction with other staff; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances (baptisms, Lord's Supper).
  • Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing, soul winning, and inviting prospects to church, and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
  • Visit members and prospects
  • Conduct counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies, conduct funerals.
  • Serve as chairman of the Church Council to lead in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating the total church program.
  • Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities, train and lead deacons in a program of family ministry.
  • Act as moderator of church business meetings.
  • Cooperate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern, keep the church informed of denominational development, represent the church in civic matters.
  • Serve as chief administrator of the paid church staff, supervise the work of assigned paid staff workers in conjunction with personnel committee.
  • Provide the pulpit supply during his absence and shall arrange the pulpit ministry of the church in cooperation with the deacons.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

Basic Personal Responsibilities

  1. Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
  2. Maintain proper priorities in your home and be the spiritual leader to your wife and children.
  3. Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
  4. Financially support the works of ministries of Yadkin Baptist Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of his gross income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
  5. Conduct your life in a Christ like manner as to not bring reproach upon yourself of the church.
  6. Limit outside revivals to a maximum of 4 weeks as to not interfere or neglect church responsibilities.
  7. One additional revival if deacons approve it.

JOB STATUS:

Full-Time

COMPENSATION:

$45,000

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Brian Goodwin
117 Cabe Drive
Statesville, NC 28677
(704) 881-4407
[email protected]

BACKGROUND CHECKS: You Owe It To Your Church

A ministry that serves children and youth has the obligation to exercise “due diligence” with regards to protecting its members, especially the children. By performing background checks on your perspective ministers your church is…

  • Putting up a safeguard at the “doorway” of the organization that will, in most cases, scare off sexual predators.
  • Offering peace of mind to discerning parents when choosing a church, by knowing your ministry is being pro-active in trying to protect the children.


Protect My Ministry - www.protectmyministry.com

Protect My Ministry

Thousands of ministries trust Protect My Ministry, a ministry background check company. One of the only background check companies that will do a free “re-verification” of records from the national criminal database for a volunteer, and to also do a “true” 50 state search on sexual offenders.

Protect My Ministry is a Christian-owned and operated business, being 51% business and 49% ministry. This business was started as the co-owners noticed that churches were not fully aware of the best sources for background checks or truly what they were getting.